Top 10 Fly Fishing Goals For Alaska
Every year thousands of anglers flock to the 49th state to take part in one the most amazing natural phenomenons left on the planet. Strong runs of Pacific salmon support numerous different ecosystems and resident species, providing countless opportunities for expert and novice anglers alike. Every region has it's own set of specialties. Some are known for the salmon, some for the trout, and some for the less known species Alaska can provide. Deciding where to go, when to go, what species to chase, and where to stay can be a difficult task. With all that there is to see and do, where do you start?
With this in mind, we compiled a "Top Ten" feats to accomplish when trying to see and experience all that Alaska has to offer. Over the next month we will be highlighting each of these individually, giving you the who, what, where, when, and how to start checking them off of your list. Trust us, once you have accomplished all of these, you will be well on your way to realizing the true scope of what Alaska has to offer the angler.
Alaska Fly Fishers Top Ten
1. Land a King Salmon on the fly rod
2. Fish Arctic Grayling with dry flies
3. Catch a Leopard Rainbow Trout on a mouse pattern
4. Land the mystical Sheefish - The Tarpon of the North
5. Catch a Silver Salmon on a top water fly
6. Fly Out and fish one of Alaska's remote rivers in Bristol Bay
7. Go on a multiple night rafting / fishing adventure
8. Land a colorful Arctic Char
9. Enjoy a fresh caught salmon shore lunch
10. Feel the tug of an Alaskan Steelhead in Southeast